Friday, August 9, 2013

Chapter I - Otremer - II/08

II/08

The days passed but there were no message from Urak. Nomak begun to worry. It was more than 15 days from now when they've splitted.
- You think they got killed? - asked Anis
- I cannot be certain. But one thing is sure...
- What?
- Our eneimes are far closer than we thought...

As Nomak and Anis were standing in one of Alaid's tower they glimpsed a horseman riding towards them.
- HORSEMAN! - a guard shouted.
- Open the gates! I want to hear news - stated Nomak.

The old wooden gates opened slowly as the horseman reached Alaid. The massanger dismounted and hurried to Dahan:
- I bring news sire!
- Let me hear!
- 4 days before massangers came from every direction to Said. They were all brought to the Duke. As I saw he got good news. He ordered his man to prepare. Than a day before ... gulp ... the Horde arrived to Said.
- As I thought... - Nomak let the massenger go - Anis! With me! - They begin to walk back to their headquarters in the small wooden castle next to the marketplace.
- The Horde arrived. We are doomed... The Duke will wait his mercenaries to arrive furthermore the Horde needs to rest. We may have a week or so before they arrive under Alaid. These walls and our tiny force will be no match for them. They could smash us in one attack.
- So what now? - asked Anis
- We either pray for the king to arrive much sooner with a force that is a match for the Horde or we burn down this city and fall back to Akbar to save some time. We have no chance in an open battle. ...


No comments:

Post a Comment