Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Chapter I - Otremer - II/05

II/05

Nomak stepped inside the king's tent with Urak on his right. - My liege, you must decide! Our swords are still in your hands.
- We talked enough Master Nomak. I know your statement. But now I'm courious what your field commander thinks? - said the king while looking to Urak.
- Liege! - begun Urak - I'm not clever in warfare, I'm just a weapon on the field.
- But still I'm courious! - the king replied.
- C'mon Urak! Answer the king! - Nomak ordered Urak.
- Well liege! To be afraid is far more safer than sudden shy. We cannot be certain that we best the city nor to hold it from the nords. I think we should prepare for a long and lasting war as the situation stands now, sire.
- Ahhh... you know more about warfare than you stated young man. I see Nomak taught you much!
-Liege!
- Master Nomak. I see now I have no other possibility. I'm to hire you and all of your Guild's services along in order to fight on my side in this war. I will pay well... And now I want you to lead my standing armies. You mission is to hold our enemies till you can and till I arrive with my gathered armies. Make you move to Alaid. I will rejoin you in about a month.
- As you will sire! - Nomak stated than bowed and backed out from the tent. Urak followed his moves.

- What are your plans Nomak? - Urak asked while they were heading to their soldiers.
- We will not be in such a hurry to return to Alaid. The king's forces stay for 3 more days here surrounding Said. The Duke's forces cannot make an outbrake. Their numbers are low. So you will have three days to scout the region. We need information about the northerns.
- As you wish! - Urak replied - I leave immediately!
- Take a dozen of your best men. In 3 days we fall back to Alaid and wait for the king.

- Your order, my hands! 

No comments:

Post a Comment