Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Chapter I - Prologe - I/06

I_06

While Womak had his dinner in company with some "maides of honor", Dahan sent an urgent letter with one of his best man. - Silenzio e precisione! (Silence and precision)

Lord Dahan hasted back to his guest but he was late. The Royal Guards accompanied by some local soldiers brought Urak in front of Captain Womak. He was tieded up. The captain looked satisfied to Dahan and said - Well my Lord, your hospitality and word are more than respectful. - than he turned to Urak - And you! You are my hostage now. Put him into the jail. We leave at the sun's first light.

While two Royal Guards lead on Urak to the Castle jail Dahan begun to question the order - Excouse me Captain but why do you imprison my apprentice? What had he done?
- We must keep him safe. The order came directly from the king. He wants to question every man personally.
- Every man?
- Yes! I have 37 more names on my list. Already arrested 48.
- What? How you know who you have to bring to the king? - asked Dahan somewhat scared.
- We've got the list from the Agents Boureau. They know everything throughout the kingdom. In about 3 weeks they made the list ready. They got informants everywhere. Every man who handles the knife better than a chef is on the list. 
- So why don't you bring all of my soldiers, all the guards, all the army in front of the king?
- The Agents Boureau said that the army and the guards are above the investigation as they made the oath of loyalty before the Gods.

- I hope they are right and we do not just hang innocent people. ...

No comments:

Post a Comment